Saturday 22 December 2012



Sadly Gossip Girl has come to an end, and the cast and crew are just as sad that it's ended as us devoted fans are. Here's what the cast and crew had to say about Gossip Girl:

About appearing on the show:
“At first we didn’t have a lot of access to New York City, but very quickly, I think people recognized if you were on the show that was a good thing. We always saw the show as a love letter to New York City.” – Josh Schwartz (co-creator)
“[Gossip Girl] was just such a love affair with the city and everything it had to offer, from the fashion, to the food, to the music.” – Blake Lively (Serena van der Woodsen)
“I remember it was such a difference after the show premiered. All of a sudden there were people standing around watching [us film].” – Leighton Meester (Blair Waldorf)
“Parties constantly, and tinted windows, lights, and clothes that were just given to you… I was like, ‘Where am I right now?’” – Penn Badgley (Dan Humphrey)
“We always wanted the show to be able to function like a magazine, so if you wanted to find out what’s the new fashion designer, the trends,  the new song I should be listening to, the place that I should go… you could read a bunch of magazines and figure that out, or you could watch Gossip Girl, and that information could be delivered to you.” – Stephanie Savage (co-creator)

About the books:
“I was coming off of The O.C. and had very little interest in doing another teen drama. And then I got sent theGossip Girl book series, and I was like, ‘I might not be ready to leave high school after all.’” - Josh Schwartz
“The books really laid it out well. They’re juicy and salacious and fun. Everything was said with a wink.” – Blake Lively
“When Cecily [von Ziegesar] wrote the book in 2012, Perez Hilton and TMZ didn’t really exist, so she really imagined something.” – Stephanie Savage

About the shows fans:
“We have some of the most passionate, vocal fans in the history of television.” – Josh Schwartz
My personal favourite quote, from Chace about the shows fans:
“I get texts from Nami [my grandmother] sometimes saying ‘I don’t like you with that MILF [Diana] anymore. And I’m like, ‘Nami, watch your mouth.’ … Oh I’m sorry, it wasn’t ‘MILF’ — it was ‘cougar.’ Now this is really going to get me in trouble.” – Chace Crawford (Nate Archibald)

About the future:
“I am going to run down Broadway naked with champagne [to celebrate the end of the series].”- Chace Crawford (Nate Archibald)
“We’re all very excited to see what’s for ourselves and for each other.” – Ed Westwick (Chuck Bass)
“I know that it has changed my life in a lot of ways, but it hasn’t changed me. It’s only made me appreciate everything else in my life that’s still really concrete and the same even more. - Leighton Meester (Blair Waldorf)

Quotes taken from http://gossipgirl.alloyentertainment.com/gossip-girl-cast-producers-talk-about-show/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive